Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My second iCloud email account suddenly stopped syncing in MS Outlook 365

Unable to add it again after multiple tries and new app-specific passwords. The error message is "...cannot log into the incoming (IMAP) server..." MS says this is an Apple issue.

Any others with this problem that has been solved?

Posted on May 10, 2019 4:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2019 3:25 PM

The error message is "...cannot log into the incoming (IMAP) server..." MS says this is an Apple issue.

This suggest it's a credential issue. Their server is rejecting your log ins.

You say "second" account. Is it possible you have account credentials mixed up? Maybe the app specific password is from the "other" account.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2019 3:25 PM in response to MiniTech15

The error message is "...cannot log into the incoming (IMAP) server..." MS says this is an Apple issue.

This suggest it's a credential issue. Their server is rejecting your log ins.

You say "second" account. Is it possible you have account credentials mixed up? Maybe the app specific password is from the "other" account.

May 12, 2019 10:12 PM in response to LACAllen

Thank you for taking the time to reply. It certainly seems like a credential issue but I have a new separate app-specific password. The email account worked fine for years until it didn’t. At that point, I deleted it from Outlook and have attempted to re-establish it with the same prior email which continues to work in my Apple world and the new password.

My second iCloud email account suddenly stopped syncing in MS Outlook 365

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.