Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

png pictures issue

Hi! I have an issue about PNG pictures. I had some PNG pictures on my photos but novadays they are not achievable. I can see them JPEG format. I tried to transfer new one with airdrop from MacBook but PNG has changed to JPEG immediately after transferring. My iPhone is 6S plus do you think it’s not supported PNG pictures anymore.

Thank you for your help.

Mucahide

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 10, 2019 11:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2019 12:12 AM

The only way I can get the image format to change once on the iPhone is to use the edit function, but the file AirDrops as png from iMac ok, and if I AirDrop it back it's still in png format. But if I edit the file on the iPhone and AirDrop to iMac it's then a jpg.

You can test if your iPhone "still" supports png by taking a screenshot and then AirDrop the result to your Mac, it should remain as png.

Just out of interest what method are you using to "confirm" that the transferred file has actually changed.

This short discussion talks about similar but in reverse, the image format changing when going from iPad to Mac.

Why is my .png changing to .jpeg on airdr… - Apple Community

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2019 12:12 AM in response to mucahide65

The only way I can get the image format to change once on the iPhone is to use the edit function, but the file AirDrops as png from iMac ok, and if I AirDrop it back it's still in png format. But if I edit the file on the iPhone and AirDrop to iMac it's then a jpg.

You can test if your iPhone "still" supports png by taking a screenshot and then AirDrop the result to your Mac, it should remain as png.

Just out of interest what method are you using to "confirm" that the transferred file has actually changed.

This short discussion talks about similar but in reverse, the image format changing when going from iPad to Mac.

Why is my .png changing to .jpeg on airdr… - Apple Community

png pictures issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.