Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to use photos with exclamation mark without limitations?

Hi all,

I have many photos in my iPhone with an exclamation mark. I understand that the exclamation mark indicates that the picture is not in original quality. But I don't have the picture in original quality. It means, that the picture is stored in my iPhone as well as in iCloud in a low resolution (reasons are historical).

While the picture has the exclamation mark, it not possible to work with it normally. For example it is not possible to modify the picture, to share it via AirDrop, ... But for me it is a normal picture, although in a low resolution. Therefore I would like to work with the picture as with a normal one. Is there any way how?

Roman

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 1:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 1:46 AM

It is very likely that you are not connected to the internet. If you connect to the internet the exclamation mark will go away and you will be able to share the Photo or edit it normally, even if you have optimized photos stored on your device and the original is on iCloud.

Similar questions

2 replies

How to use photos with exclamation mark without limitations?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.