Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mail and yahoo business mail

I can not connect my business mail back up to my iphone mail app. (had to update yahoo business mail) I now keep getting error "cannot connect using SSL" if I skip this step, the mail does not send or receive. I have the right settings, but mail setup in settings does not give the option to use SSL or a different port. I cannot find advanced settings to add SSL or different Ports. I have server setting for both POP and IMAP for bizmail

iPhone XR, iOS 12

Posted on May 11, 2019 4:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2019 11:11 AM

A step by step guide to add email account on iPad and iPhone

This process is valid for all mails, AOL, Google, Yahoo, Outlook, Hotmail, Exchange etc etc

1. Keep your email id and password handy
  2. Use this link to find out your Incoming and Outgoing server settings by entering your email address

https://support.apple.com/mail-settings-lookup

If it is not available in the link above contact your email client

The GIF is self explanatory.

Yahoo Account IMAP and SMTP

• Incoming Mail Server

Account Type

IMAP

Server Port

SSL/TLS

Yes

Server Hostname

imap.mail.yahoo.com

• Outgoing Mail Server

Account Type

SMTP

Server Port

SSL/TLS

Yes

Server Hostname

smtp.mail.yahoo.com

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2019 11:11 AM in response to wendi1984

A step by step guide to add email account on iPad and iPhone

This process is valid for all mails, AOL, Google, Yahoo, Outlook, Hotmail, Exchange etc etc

1. Keep your email id and password handy
  2. Use this link to find out your Incoming and Outgoing server settings by entering your email address

https://support.apple.com/mail-settings-lookup

If it is not available in the link above contact your email client

The GIF is self explanatory.

Yahoo Account IMAP and SMTP

• Incoming Mail Server

Account Type

IMAP

Server Port

SSL/TLS

Yes

Server Hostname

imap.mail.yahoo.com

• Outgoing Mail Server

Account Type

SMTP

Server Port

SSL/TLS

Yes

Server Hostname

smtp.mail.yahoo.com

May 15, 2019 11:57 AM in response to SravanKrA

I too could not login to Yahoo Mail and I found since I had two step verification turned on I had to also create an app password for my iPhone and iPad each in security settings. I found I was not able to access yahoo security settings from their webpage it kept taking me back to Mail screen when I tried to choose security settings. I had to install the Yahoo Mail app and access settings within the app and create the app passwords there .

mail and yahoo business mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.