Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast cover art is missing on the iTunes store

PC desktop version 12.9.4.102

Cover art is not showing in the iTunes store. I've tried reinstalling, messing with the cache folder and so forth. I have grey blocks where the cover art should be:

Posted on May 11, 2019 7:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2019 7:35 AM

Yes, something in Windows display settings. DPI scaling at anything other than 100%, or features for enlarged fonts have cause problems with iTunes on and off over the years. Seems like someone at Microsoft or Apple must keep making the same mistake.

tt2

7 replies

May 13, 2019 8:51 AM in response to stephani196

Finally a good tip. The DPI solved it. If you have this problem, you need to go into display settings and change the scaling back to 100 % (assuming you, like me, had it set to something else).

Now, I will just have to buy myself a new pair of glasses to actually see the tiny covers and text...

Adobe actually made some applications do the same things. Even some Microsoft Office apps had to be updated because of new high def monitors (I think).

May 15, 2019 3:29 PM in response to øistein32

This is just plain stupid. In a world of hi-res 4K displays where no one can use 100% scaling else you need a microscope, something must have recently been broken in iTunes. Mine just started showing grey icons also, and this thread is relatively new, so I'm guessing someone broke something somewhere.

I find it hard to believe no one at Apple has 4K monitors running Windows to test their Windows software?

Podcast cover art is missing on the iTunes store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.