Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos will not open

New MacBook Pro with Mojave version 10.14.4. Transferred data from old MacBook Pro to this new one.

Photos will not start. I click on photos app, click on Gert Started then I get this message An unexpected error has occurred. I have rebooted my Mac, deleted photos app from the dock reinstalled (no Help). Performed set up procedure new Mac twice (no Help). When I setup a test user I can access photos but cannot access photos when logged in under my profile.

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 11, 2019 9:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2019 1:17 PM

If Photos is working in a new user account but not your current user account, try to repair the permissions and file ownership on your home folder, see: Resolve issues caused by changing the permissions of items in your home folder - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies

May 11, 2019 1:39 PM in response to dmack511

The following has helped some users in similar circumstances:

1 - force quit Photos.
2 - launch Photos with the Option key held down and create a new, test libraryl
3 - import a couple of photos into the test library and close and open it a couple of times.
4 - launch Photos with the Option key held down band select your primary library. 

Photos will not open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.