Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Migration issue

I just migrated my old MacBook stuff to my new one, but I ended up with two "users"....the old one with all the migrated files and the new one with nothing....I obviously screwed up somewhere. I want all the files, apps, etc. in the new ID for the new MacBook....how do I do that?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 11, 2019 3:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2019 11:49 PM

That is how migration works. Your account from the older mac is ready to use on the new one. You could just delete the new account-but it is a good idea to keep a second account on your mac just in case there is some problem with the main one.

Now if you’d like to rename the old account that can be done - but please have a separate administrator account available when you do that. If there is a problem with the renaming this other account can be a lifesaver.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2019 11:49 PM in response to jmlphotography

That is how migration works. Your account from the older mac is ready to use on the new one. You could just delete the new account-but it is a good idea to keep a second account on your mac just in case there is some problem with the main one.

Now if you’d like to rename the old account that can be done - but please have a separate administrator account available when you do that. If there is a problem with the renaming this other account can be a lifesaver.

Migration issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.