Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to login to iCloud - Verification Code Loop

I just got an early 2013 MacBook Pro Retina and it can't sign into iCloud. Almost every time I try it gets to the verification code and then promptly pushes me back to the sign-in page where it asks for my password again and then another verification code.

Occasionally, it shows the iCloud account for just a second (but as inactive) but it then immediately disappears. I also have a Mac mini, iPad, and iPhone and they all have no problems with iCloud.

Help

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on May 12, 2019 10:05 AM

Similar questions

6 replies

May 12, 2019 12:52 PM in response to Lemurion

Try setting up another admin user account to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account 

Safe Mode - About

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply        Pastebin

Etrecheck – System Information

May 12, 2019 12:21 PM in response to Eric Root

I had already tried that-- it worked on Mountain Lion before I upgraded the OS to Mojave but it doesn't do anything on this MacBook Pro now. I enter the password, it sends a verification code to my iPhone, I enter that in the six boxes provided, and then it returns to the login window with a spinning wheel beside my Apple ID. A few moments later I am right back where I started.

I don't think it's a problem with my Apple ID as I've been able to add an iPad to iCloud without a problem while all this has been going on.

May 12, 2019 8:21 PM in response to Eric Root

I tried creating another account and it worked just fine; safe mode, on the other hand, did nothing. I did finally manage to get it to connect but it wouldn't access Notes, which is my personal top priority for iCloud.

Luckily I didn't have anything on the machine, so I ended up doing an erase and reinstall of Mojave and everything just worked. I think the problem came from having skipped iCloud setup on my previous install. This time I had my Apple ID and password handy when I installed MacOS so I didn't skip iCloud and everything went smoothly.

Once I had everything ready it took maybe an hour to reinstall everything and get back going. Thanks for the help.

Unable to login to iCloud - Verification Code Loop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.