Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes music iniMovie

I am trying to create an iMovie for my son for graduation and use songs that I purchased from iTunes. Some of the songs will not import into iMovie, saying that are protected or unavailable. I thought if you purchased the songs from iTunes, you could use in other Apple apps? Is this not the case?

Thanks in advance.

Posted on May 12, 2019 11:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2019 5:31 AM

See About iCloud Music Library icons and status - Apple Support. Check that the file in your library is described as AAC audio file. Recently another user had a problem burning a purchased track to CD which should have been DRM free but iTunes was treating it like an Apple Music track. Removing the current download and then redownloading from the purchase history resolved it.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2019 5:31 AM in response to Tree1402

See About iCloud Music Library icons and status - Apple Support. Check that the file in your library is described as AAC audio file. Recently another user had a problem burning a purchased track to CD which should have been DRM free but iTunes was treating it like an Apple Music track. Removing the current download and then redownloading from the purchase history resolved it.

tt2

iTunes music iniMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.