Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please help me to get Apple Music to iMovie I am crest!

I bought several songs from iTunes Store for iMovie but they are not listed to iMovie audio. Please help me to get them for iMovie!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 3, 2023 6:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2023 8:40 AM

If the songs are from Apple Music (the subscription service) then they cannot be used in iMovie because DRM (Digital Rights Management) protected. Songs purchased after year 2009 from iTunes itself can be used in iMovie.

If the songs are iTunes purchased, but not showing from the Music link in the iMovie audio sidebar, you can try shutting down your computer and restarting. Also, you can try deleting preferences. To delete preferences, open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new blank library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Deleting preferences is a safe procedure and will not cause loss of date or disruption to any of your projects.

As a workaround, iTunes music can be dragged from the iTunes library to the Mac desktop and from there dragged into iMovie.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2023 8:40 AM in response to Mochi8

If the songs are from Apple Music (the subscription service) then they cannot be used in iMovie because DRM (Digital Rights Management) protected. Songs purchased after year 2009 from iTunes itself can be used in iMovie.

If the songs are iTunes purchased, but not showing from the Music link in the iMovie audio sidebar, you can try shutting down your computer and restarting. Also, you can try deleting preferences. To delete preferences, open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new blank library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Deleting preferences is a safe procedure and will not cause loss of date or disruption to any of your projects.

As a workaround, iTunes music can be dragged from the iTunes library to the Mac desktop and from there dragged into iMovie.

-- Rich

Please help me to get Apple Music to iMovie I am crest!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.