Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone stolen

Recently my phone has been stolen. I have switched the lost mode and have put a request for data erase. Hover the phone has ton been connected to wireless network since then. I wonder if there are any other means of preventing it from further usage. Could you please let me know?

Thank you in advance,

Sincerely yours,

Chloe

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on May 12, 2019 2:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2019 3:00 PM

So long as you don't remove it from your devices in Find My iPhone, it's effectively useless to whoever has it. Even if they erase it, it will be activation locked.

Please do NOT fall victim to a phishing message or email saying your phone has been located. If you receive such a message do NOT click the link in the message. It leads to a fake iCloud login page designed to steal your information so the thief can remove the activation lock from the device.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2019 3:00 PM in response to kh_chloe

So long as you don't remove it from your devices in Find My iPhone, it's effectively useless to whoever has it. Even if they erase it, it will be activation locked.

Please do NOT fall victim to a phishing message or email saying your phone has been located. If you receive such a message do NOT click the link in the message. It leads to a fake iCloud login page designed to steal your information so the thief can remove the activation lock from the device.

iPhone stolen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.