Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adjust News.app scrolling

The scrolling action in the News.app is not the same as the system wide scrolling. It's slower and has less momentum. Is there any way to adjust this? It's quite annoying the way it is.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 13, 2019 8:44 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

May 13, 2019 9:49 AM in response to dialabrain

Yes I'm using the trackpad on my MBP. I can see the same thing on my wife's MBP, so it's not a hardware issue. I suppose it could be that I'm just extra sensitive to the expected scrolling action. Do you really not get the feeling the scrolling in News is a bit sluggish? Not a delay, but just slower and less momentum at the release.

May 13, 2019 11:01 AM in response to robogobo

Of course it's difficult to tell just how slow yours may be. I know with a flick of my finger on an Apple mouse and release, it scrolls for me 3/4's of the way down the page fairly rapidly. What I would suggest if you're not to far from an Apple Store or a retailer that sells Macs, is to stop by and test on one of theirs. I have a very fast connection, 1Gbps. Perhaps that may have an effect. It might since both of your machines are on the same network.

Adjust News.app scrolling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.