Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Everytime I create a new audio track its panned to the left!

Please can someone tell me why!? and how can I fix it?

Many thanks

Posted on May 13, 2019 9:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2019 12:41 PM

Are you using the "+" button to add audio tracks, or the one next to it, ("add tracks with duplicate settings")?

If you've previously panned an audio track, then this will be duplicated when creating a new track (if you select the button pictured below).

13 replies

May 15, 2019 11:13 PM in response to kerochan

Latest!

if I turn off ascending when creating a new track, then its fine!

but if I check ascending and create 2 audio tracks, they are panned left and right!'

I just need them down the centre!

its not the end of the world of course! Maybe just one of those quirky Logic/computer things! Or maybe it coz I am not using an audio interface?

Jun 2, 2019 5:06 AM in response to kerochan

Hey kerochan,

I just had this start happening to my sessions as well, can't figure it out!

It was not happening before, so either it was within an update, or I accidentally tweaked a program setting without knowing it.

Every time I add any new tracks they are hard panned.

Creating one track always pans to the left.

Creating more than one track, the odd tracks are hard left, and the evens are hard right.

Everytime I create a new audio track its panned to the left!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.