Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New track settings set to pan, how do I change this?

When I create a new audio track to record vocals, the channel strip is set to pan to the right. How do I change this so that creating a new auto track sets the channel strip to a neutral position?

Posted on May 1, 2022 4:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2022 5:02 AM

Hi there, when you create a new audio track Logic might be set to automatically load a default channel strip patch (with the "far-right" pan setting, in your case). In order to avoid this behaviour, untick "Load Default Patch" option in the track creation dialogue box, like so:

The same goes with other track types by the way (if you find the default patches being loaded at track creation annoying, like many people do). Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2022 5:02 AM in response to DManifesto

Hi there, when you create a new audio track Logic might be set to automatically load a default channel strip patch (with the "far-right" pan setting, in your case). In order to avoid this behaviour, untick "Load Default Patch" option in the track creation dialogue box, like so:

The same goes with other track types by the way (if you find the default patches being loaded at track creation annoying, like many people do). Cheers!

New track settings set to pan, how do I change this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.