Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dual SIM call fail problems on Verizon

Hello...I have an iPhone XR running iOS 12.2 with the eSIM set as T-Mobile and the physical SIM as Verizon. I notice that SMS and calls often fail if the Verizon SIM is deactivated in the cellular settings, and then reactivated later (this is when there's trouble). LTE data works always, though.

Often, the key indication of trouble is that the "My number" field in the Verizon settings never populates. It seems as though the IMS connection isn't working or something, and that subsequently VoLTE calls and SMS messages cannot be received or made.

The condition persists until (at least) a reboot is made, and/or can be resolved if LTE is turned off completely, generally...I.e., calls and texts over CDMA are ok.

Upon reboot, generally, the phone works ok until the Verizon SIM is set to be deactivated again, and then the cycle repeats.

I've attached a screenshot of the settings and field test which shows that the phone seems to think IMS voice is working...even though it isn't.

iPhone XR, iOS 12

Posted on May 14, 2019 10:52 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

May 15, 2019 6:59 AM in response to flyer_andy

Hey, flyer_andy.

I see that you frequently need to restart your iPhone XR because it looses connection with your calling plan. The eSIM providing your data doesn't seem to have an issue, however, and I'm happy to help.

Get help with Dual SIM with an eSIM -- This article provides the information and steps that you need to make sure your iPhone stays connected to your wireless carrier's signal.

Take care.

Dual SIM call fail problems on Verizon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.