Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS) - Heart Rate monitoring issue when sweating

I have an Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS), running os 5.2.1, purchase in August of 2018 (less than a year) and I am having an issue with the incorrect or missing heart rate information during a workout.

It seems to be effected during simple workouts including a moderate paced (3.5 mph) walk. Before my walk, i take my watch off my wrist and wipe it and my wrist down, then place it back on my wrist and unlock the screen. I run the walking Apple workout app and the heart rate seems to read correctly. About half way through, when I begin to sweat, it either records an inaccurate heart rate (Either very high or very low) or grey's out and doesn't record any heart rate.

It's frustrating to me because Apple watch boasts about their workout program, but when I use it during a workout, it doesn't record the workout correctly because I sweat (like any other human who works out). The inaccurate or disconnected heart rate monitoring is messing up my calorie bern on the screen, which I understand on the surface seems petty as my body is still obviously burning the calories. But, the program allows you to compete with friends and this kind of defeats the purpose if it doesn't work correctly.

Questions:

Am I the only person that has this issue?

Can someone help guide me to a solution?

Apple Watch

Posted on May 15, 2019 12:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2019 2:36 PM

I suggest you check the fit of the watch, particularly the tightness of the band. Wearing your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS) - Heart Rate monitoring issue when sweating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.