Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Making a special smart playist? can you guys help me?

I have more than 20,000 music on my itunes and I am having problem to make the smart playlist.

The condition I want is

1. to fix all song of the specific artists (There are about 150 songs) in the list.
  2. to limit 300 songs
  3. to random the rest of space of the playlist out of the 20,000 songs that plays 0 so that I can listen to the songs of the artist fixed and others that I have never listened to with 50:50 possibility when I play the list on shuffle.

But when I set up the playlist with the condition and check limit to the number and chose random, it seems itunes to choose the song randomly with all the condition I set up.

For the condition, I chose 'any' of following ruled and made two options, plays/0, artist/the artist I want to fix.

Is there anyone who knows how to do it?

Posted on May 15, 2019 11:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2019 2:44 AM

Make two smart lists and put them in a playlist folder, one gathers the 150 songs from specific artists, the older gathers 150 songs at random from the main playlist, that aren't in the first list, and have zero plays. Shuffle playing the folder will give a 50:50 chance of listening to an unplayed track or a favourite.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2019 2:44 AM in response to ttododo

Make two smart lists and put them in a playlist folder, one gathers the 150 songs from specific artists, the older gathers 150 songs at random from the main playlist, that aren't in the first list, and have zero plays. Shuffle playing the folder will give a 50:50 chance of listening to an unplayed track or a favourite.

tt2

May 16, 2019 3:16 AM in response to turingtest2

Oh, thanks! it works on itunes but unfortunately not on my iphone and ipad.

There is nothing I can play folder itself, but play one of the playlists in the folder on the devices.

But the idea making 1 more playlist gave me a solution.

instead of put them into the folder I inserted the other rule on the playlist with artist that 'playlist is the playlist for unplayed'.

It finally what I want to have.

I couldn't never have done it without the idea you gave! thank you so much!

Making a special smart playist? can you guys help me?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.