Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I did The last update on my iPhone and now I cannot Answer a text on the lock screen. What’s up with that?

I did The last update on my iPhone and now I cannot Answer a text on the lock screen. What’s up with that?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on May 17, 2019 7:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2019 7:49 PM

Hello JerylV,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with being able to respond to messages in the Lock Screen. I am happy to check this out with you.

Please go to Settings > Touch ID and Passcode > ALLOW ACCESS WHEN LOCKED

Check is Reply with Messages is enabled. If it isn't, enabled it and test. If it is already enabled, I recommend disabling that button.

Then, restart your device: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Then go back to Settings > Touch ID and Passcode > ALLOW ACCESS WHEN LOCKED and reenabled Reply with Messages.

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2019 7:49 PM in response to JerylV

Hello JerylV,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with being able to respond to messages in the Lock Screen. I am happy to check this out with you.

Please go to Settings > Touch ID and Passcode > ALLOW ACCESS WHEN LOCKED

Check is Reply with Messages is enabled. If it isn't, enabled it and test. If it is already enabled, I recommend disabling that button.

Then, restart your device: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Then go back to Settings > Touch ID and Passcode > ALLOW ACCESS WHEN LOCKED and reenabled Reply with Messages.

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

May 17, 2019 8:24 PM in response to sterling r

Thank you! I contacted Apple and they had no answers. After waiting over a half hour for absolutely no help I just told them I’d call back later. After I signed Out of the chat I thought Maybe I should Just do a soft reboot. That did the trick. Thanks for your help I totalLa forgot I had Posted this or I would Have went back in and removed it. Have a great weekend!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.