Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Care in Different Country

Hi Team,

I have a few queries regarding Apple Warranty coverage before purchasing an iPhone.

I am a resident of Gurgaon, India but I am currently in Jakarta, Indonesia for a few months. I am thinking of purchasing an Unlocked iPhone XS (Model A2097) from Jakarta.

1. Before purchasing, I can I assure that I am getting an original Apple Product? Can i check the serial number on some website for authenticity?

2. Is it that the phone will work on Indonesian sim only? Will there be any problem when I start it with an Indian Sim card?

3. How would the warranty apply when i am back in India? If I need some repairs, then would it be repaired in Apple Support centers in India or sent to Jakarta for repairs?

Posted on May 17, 2019 10:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2019 1:52 AM

1. You can do that in the store. If you are going to purchase an iPhone from an Authorized Seller, the device will be 100% original.
  2. If you purchase an unlocked hone for the full price, it will work anywhere with all SIM cards.
  3. iPhone has a limited warranty that is only valid in a country of purchase.

Similar questions

1 reply

Apple Care in Different Country

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.