Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple support refuse to provide service

I bought this iPhone 12 in mainland China in June. I was coming to Canada for University at the time, so I had second guess about if I should purchasing the AppleCare+ service. However, I called to the Apple support, I asked them will I be able to use the AppleCare+ service in Canada, and they gave me a positive answer, they assured me that when I am in Canada, I still will be able to use the AppleCare+ service which I register in China, that is why I made the purchased. Last Thursday, my iPhone 12 was damaged, I took it to the Apple Store Rideau, and they told me that they will not be able to had it fixed or replaced it, because my iPhone was purchased in China so they cannot repair or replace it. They told me to call apple support. I called apple support, actually multiple times, and they kept telling me that AppleCare+ service is only available in the originally purchased region, which contradict the saying that the agent assured me before I made the purchase. 

One of the agent told me I should go back to China to have it replaced, I feel absurd about this because he is asking me to travel internationally to exercise my AppleCare+, what is more, he even implied that I may have deliberately damaged the iPhone myself.

I feel cheated and mistreated by this experiences with Apple, and I wish there can be a solution.

Posted on Sep 26, 2022 5:59 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Sep 26, 2022 6:28 PM in response to Taiyu013

This has always been Apple’s policy. It’s unfortunate that you appear to have been given incorrect info when you spoke to someone but all documentation about AppleCare+ states that coverage may only be honored in the country/region of purchase. It’s one of the reasons people are cautioned about buying a device outside of their country because chances are if you need service you won’t be able to get it unless you are willing to travel back to the country of purchase. I’m cases where someone does this it might be best to utilize carrier insurance options (have to look at the fine print of their policy though to be sure it fits your needs). You may be able to request a refund of your AppleCare but it may only be a prorated amount versus a full refund. This depends on the policy for where you purchased it (in the US this is something you can do. Not sure if that is an option for Mainland China).

Apple support refuse to provide service

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.