Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes remote button not appearing

I'm trying to use the remote app for my Mac and iPhone.

My iTunes is running version 12.9.4.94 and my iPhone is running version iOS 12.3 (both up to date; to my knowledge)

I'm having trouble connecting the remote app to iTunes on my Mac, I can get a code to appear on my iPhone but cannot get the remote button to appear in iTunes. I've got home sharing turned on but nothing appears.

Also, I read on here somewhere that some people had to open iTunes before generating the code from their phone, so I tried this but it made no difference either.

Has anybody got any suggestions please?

Cheers, Josh

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 18, 2019 4:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2019 5:19 AM

If Home Sharing is enabled in both iTunes and the Remote app (blue icon) then you should already have access to the library, so presumably there is no need for this icon to appear. When I turned Home Sharing off in the Remote app I was able to choose to configure manually, generate a code, and the icon appeared.

If your router has client isolation or guest access settings enabled that might be a reason why your device and computer cannot communicate properly.

tt2

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2019 5:19 AM in response to rallydragon

If Home Sharing is enabled in both iTunes and the Remote app (blue icon) then you should already have access to the library, so presumably there is no need for this icon to appear. When I turned Home Sharing off in the Remote app I was able to choose to configure manually, generate a code, and the icon appeared.

If your router has client isolation or guest access settings enabled that might be a reason why your device and computer cannot communicate properly.

tt2

iTunes remote button not appearing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.