Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Maps CarPlay view

Somehow one of us must’ve done something that changed the view of the map when using CarPlay. My phone works perfectly and shows the close-up View that’s helpful for turning at the right place. My husband‘s phone used to do this but now only shows the overview, which is not helpful in cities. When he disconnects his phone from the cord in the vehicle, the map view returns to the detailed view that we want an CarPlay. But when it’s connected again, the view on the cars screen is the overview. I’ve tried to check to settings to see if we messed it up somehow can’t figure it out. Does anyone know how to get it turned back so that his phone and CarPlay operates the way mine does?

iPhone 7

Posted on May 18, 2019 5:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2019 6:43 AM

Likely what has happened is someone (accidentally) hit the "Overview / Details" toggle in the upper right hand corner of the CarPlay maps screen. It is probably set to "Overview" right now and needs to be set to "Details" for you to see the turn by turn options. Done this myself a few times but not sure how I did it. Nevertheless, an easy fix.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2019 6:43 AM in response to DCfarmgirl

Likely what has happened is someone (accidentally) hit the "Overview / Details" toggle in the upper right hand corner of the CarPlay maps screen. It is probably set to "Overview" right now and needs to be set to "Details" for you to see the turn by turn options. Done this myself a few times but not sure how I did it. Nevertheless, an easy fix.

Apple Maps CarPlay view

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.