Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't make updates to Mac OS Mojave (MacBook Pro 2017) from System Update Utility.

(MacBook Pro 2017) Haven't been able to make updates to Mojave OS from Software Update utility after initial installation of Mojave.

System Preferences; Software Update; Updates Are Available for Your Mac; click Update Now; Get brief dialog that download will start...; then dialog error msg 'Can’t connect to the Apple Software Update server. Make sure you're connected to the Internet, and then try again.' Really irritating. Only way I have been able to update is by going to apple site and downloading manually.

No problem updating my desktop iMac Pro, 2017, same Apple ID, same internet connection. Have tried rebooting, signing out of apple account on MacBook and App Store. Still no relief!!! Surely someone else has had this problem yet I can't find any articles with a google or apple search.

Model Name: MacBook Pro (15 inch, 2017)

Model Identifier: MacBookPro14,3

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 3.1 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 8 MB

Memory: 16 GB

Boot ROM Version: 190.0.0.0.0

SMC Version (system): 2.45f0

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 18, 2019 10:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2019 10:16 AM

Try updating while in Safe Mode. If you have any antivirus or so called "cleaning" apps, delete them.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

1 reply

Can't make updates to Mac OS Mojave (MacBook Pro 2017) from System Update Utility.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.