Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleTv/Samsung setup

On the Apple TV app I just install on my Samsung TV, the app has accepted my ID and password, but has not ported my subscription. “Manage Your Subscriptions” says I have none, although the check via my iPhone says it’s still active (it’s an annual, at a rate lower than a new subscription would be, so I would prefer not to cancel and reap). The subscribed app does not offer the option of signing in.

UNU8000,

Posted on May 18, 2019 10:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2019 7:27 PM

Please clarify: by provider whom do you mean? I thought I made it clear that I did subscribe via Apple TV (iTunes subscription). Why does the subscription not appear in AppleTV➡️Settings➡️Manage Subscriptions?

6 replies

May 18, 2019 5:30 PM in response to Sasha5113

In order to access content directly within the TV app you need to subscribe via Apple TV channels.

For your service, which you would have already been subscribed to, you would need to make sure that provider's app is also installed and you would login there. If that provider has made their content accessible through the TV app then you would be able to browse within that interface, however when a title is selected it will bounce out to that provider's app.

May 18, 2019 10:03 PM in response to Sasha5113

The provider of whichever service you subscribed to, you didn’t specify which one it was in your original post.

Apple TV channels are monthly (there is no annual subscription), and only became available as of May 13th when the new TV App was released.

You cant port over a previous subscription to Apple TV channels. If the provider has opted into Apple TV channels then you would need to cancel your existing subscription and re-subscribe within the TV app.

If you wanted to retain you annual subscription then you can still access content within the TV app, but you would need to have the providers native app installed in order to stream from their service.

https://www.macworld.com/article/3384743/apple-tv-channels-faq-services-pricing-availability-and-everything-else-you-need-to-know.html

AppleTv/Samsung setup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.