Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

System preferences quits unexpectedly

My system preferences on my Macbook pro 13 inch mid 2012 quits unexpectedly everytime I press any icons. I didn't have any problems like this on my newer macbook pro with touchbar.

Posted on May 19, 2019 2:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2019 8:50 AM

Try booting into Safe Boot Mode (holding down SHIFT key at power on) and see if it opens up there. If so, restart your MacBook Pro normally and see if that fixed the problem.

If it doesn't open even in Safe Boot Mode or if the problem persists when booted up normally you'll want to boot into recovery mode (COMMAND-R keys at power on) and select "Re-install". This won't affect your data, settings, or programs but should fix the issue.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2019 8:50 AM in response to andreuangeles

Try booting into Safe Boot Mode (holding down SHIFT key at power on) and see if it opens up there. If so, restart your MacBook Pro normally and see if that fixed the problem.

If it doesn't open even in Safe Boot Mode or if the problem persists when booted up normally you'll want to boot into recovery mode (COMMAND-R keys at power on) and select "Re-install". This won't affect your data, settings, or programs but should fix the issue.

System preferences quits unexpectedly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.