You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hotspot Shield Error.... "Seems like the connection is taking a bit longer than usual."

Hotspot Shield is giving me an error... And I think it is firewall against firewall.

With a paid version of Malwarebytes installed, this message just wont go away. I am wondering if this has to do with Mojave Firewall settings or Malwarebytes' Firewall settings.

The Error: "Seems like the connection is taking a bit longer than usual."

The error image seen in the Finder Menu....

The Full Error.

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 19, 2019 11:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 19, 2019 5:00 PM

"HydraTunnelProvider (Not Responding)". Turns out, there was an application in the Force Quit window, having no more than to do with an error of connectivity, happening to few out there: and I'm One of them : (

It is an issue that Hotspot Shield is aware of. Force quitting it is OK, as it gets everything up and running again.

An Important Snapshot of the Chat:

The Force Quit Window:

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 19, 2019 5:00 PM in response to leroydouglas

"HydraTunnelProvider (Not Responding)". Turns out, there was an application in the Force Quit window, having no more than to do with an error of connectivity, happening to few out there: and I'm One of them : (

It is an issue that Hotspot Shield is aware of. Force quitting it is OK, as it gets everything up and running again.

An Important Snapshot of the Chat:

The Force Quit Window:

May 19, 2019 11:55 AM in response to TheLittles

TheLittles wrote:

Hotspot Shield is giving me an error... And I think it is firewall against firewall.
With a paid version of Malwarebytes installed, this message just wont go away. I am wondering if this has to do with Mojave Firewall settings or Malwarebytes' Firewall settings.

The Error: "Seems like the connection is taking a bit longer than usual."

Troubleshooting connection on Mac App – Hotspot Shield Help Center

Why can't I connect? (Mac) – Hotspot Shield Help Center

Hotspot Shield Error.... "Seems like the connection is taking a bit longer than usual."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.