Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XR portrait mode issue-front camera

Hello

i have my iPhone XR for 3 days. Updated out of the box to ios 12.3 . I noticed that in portrait mode on selfie/front camera all selfies regardless the distance blurs the hair. From some point on top of the forehead picture is blurred, not sharp. I went to local Apple store to check iPhones XR they have and they don’t have this issue and run on 12.3 too.

there is no problem in normal selfie mode no problem with portrait on back camera either. Oh, also both stage light modes makes me look very unnatural shapes of my face...

I've have done factory data reset, no joy. I then performed iPhone restore through iTunes to flash new firmware still the same.

I can’t stand it as cameras are the reason I bought the phone.

Anyone experiencing the same blurry portraits where your hair are totally blurred and face distorted in stage light?

Many thanks

iPhone XR, iOS 12

Posted on May 19, 2019 12:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2019 1:00 PM

As this is a new phone I think you need to go back to your Apple Store, this time with your phone in hand for a Genius Bar appointment where you can demonstrate the problem face to face. Contact Support to setup your visit.

1 reply

iPhone XR portrait mode issue-front camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.