Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth Ear Buds Not Working With Mac Computer

So I have these new headphones (Enacfire E18) which work absolutely fine on all of my devices - iPhone, iPad, iPod, PC laptop - but won't work properly with my iMac computer.

The problem is that when I connect the right ear bud, I get stereo sound for about 2 seconds, then both buds start dropping the sound (and occasionally speeding up). Oddly if I don't turn on the right ear bud, I can listen with the left only without issues.

But this is only a problem with the iMac - all other devices work straightforwardly. So I assume this is a problem with the iMac. Any ideas for fixing gratefully received!

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 19, 2019 2:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2019 11:07 AM

Hi Vauban73,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today with your Bluetooth headphones and your Mac. It sounds like they work with other devices, but not your Mac.

Check out this article for some helpful steps: If sound quality is reduced when using Bluetooth headphones with your Mac.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, try testing in a new user account on your Mac: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac.

If the headphones still aren't working as expected, there may be a compatibility issue. I'd advise contacting the manufacturer to see if there is a firmware update for them.

Have a fantastic day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2019 11:07 AM in response to Vauban73

Hi Vauban73,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today with your Bluetooth headphones and your Mac. It sounds like they work with other devices, but not your Mac.

Check out this article for some helpful steps: If sound quality is reduced when using Bluetooth headphones with your Mac.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, try testing in a new user account on your Mac: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac.

If the headphones still aren't working as expected, there may be a compatibility issue. I'd advise contacting the manufacturer to see if there is a firmware update for them.

Have a fantastic day!

Bluetooth Ear Buds Not Working With Mac Computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.