Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Payment Method Declined

Hi,

I have never made purchases on any of my apple devices before now. I wanted to use Apple Music so I went to update my payment method. It declined my Nigerian card so I went on to try my US dollar debit card and it declined that as well. Now I have created a new Apple ID and it’s still declining my card.

Searched on google to see if there are any solution, however they all indicate the problem is from previous outstanding payments which I don’t have any.

Kindly advise.

Regards,

IO

iPhone 6

Posted on May 20, 2019 8:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2019 8:50 PM

You need to have a credit card issued by a bank in the country the store is in.

Apple ID payment information - If your payment method is declined, or you have a billing issue with a previous purchase in the iTunes Store

If necessary, contact iTunes Support. Either use the form or scroll to the bottom of the page in the 2nd link. Follow through the screens to get a chat or telephone option. 

iTunes Support

iTunes Support – world wide

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2019 8:50 PM in response to izuchukwu145

You need to have a credit card issued by a bank in the country the store is in.

Apple ID payment information - If your payment method is declined, or you have a billing issue with a previous purchase in the iTunes Store

If necessary, contact iTunes Support. Either use the form or scroll to the bottom of the page in the 2nd link. Follow through the screens to get a chat or telephone option. 

iTunes Support

iTunes Support – world wide

Payment Method Declined

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.