Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

People in Photos freezes Photos app on iPad, just works as always on iPhone (synced iCloud account)

Hi there,

Photos on iOS always worked seamlessly with iCloud.

New for a couple of days (might be older, but I haven’t noticed) : entering the People album in Photos on one of my devices (iPad) just freezes Photos entirely.

The People main view is displayed, with favorites on top, etc, but the app freezes immediately.

Works fine at the same time on iPhone.

Restarting Photos does not solve the issue.

Any pointers ?

Thanks,

Chris

iPad Pro, iOS 12

Posted on May 21, 2019 1:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2019 2:17 PM

Hello Andromac120,

I saw your post about Photos in iOS, and I'm glad to help out.

It sounds like you've tried closing the Photos app and the issue persists. Have you tried a restart of the iPad? Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Which iOS version are you using? If you need to update to iOS 12.3, here's How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch and Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

To look at another possibility, are you using a Wi-Fi connection, or is your iPad cellular-enabled? Are you using the same Wi-Fi and/or cellular network on both the iPad and iPhone when this occurs?

Also, do you experience any issues with other apps on your iPad, or is only the "People" album of the Photos app affected?

Cheers!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2019 2:17 PM in response to Andromac120

Hello Andromac120,

I saw your post about Photos in iOS, and I'm glad to help out.

It sounds like you've tried closing the Photos app and the issue persists. Have you tried a restart of the iPad? Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Which iOS version are you using? If you need to update to iOS 12.3, here's How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch and Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

To look at another possibility, are you using a Wi-Fi connection, or is your iPad cellular-enabled? Are you using the same Wi-Fi and/or cellular network on both the iPad and iPhone when this occurs?

Also, do you experience any issues with other apps on your iPad, or is only the "People" album of the Photos app affected?

Cheers!

People in Photos freezes Photos app on iPad, just works as always on iPhone (synced iCloud account)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.