Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where to find and store Kindle books on Mac?

Have downloaded Kindle for Mac app and bought a book to try. Want to confirm that downloaded and not in Cloud (travel a lot and don’t want to count on Cloud) and size of book files. Want to decide if large and better to store book files on separate hard drive.

Kindle Preferences says Content stored in User Name>Library>App Support>Kindle>My Kindle Content. Clicked Change and that is when the path appeared. 

If in Finder, open my kindle content and click on a book to see path at bottom, no path appears. that’s strange.

If in Finder searchlight enter file name of book, something like B00BRZK102, it’s no where on my my MBP

the path listed in Kindle Preferences for content storage does not appear in my Finder windows. first if in User Name, no Library. On my MBP page, if open Library>App Support, no Kindle or Kindle library.

If use Searchlight in Finder don’t get anything on my hard drive for Kindle or Kindle Content, other than Kindle for Mac app.

I can see that book is downloaded. Can read it. But can’t find where it is?

MacBook Pro 13"

Posted on May 21, 2019 8:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2019 8:49 AM

While in the Finder, press "command + shift + G", Copy then paste this line in…

~/Library/Application Support/Kindle/My Kindle Content

Should be there.

Similar questions

12 replies

May 21, 2019 9:58 AM in response to dialabrain

Sorry, I was abbreviating Application Support as App Support.

If I open Finder >MacBook Pro>Macintosh HD>Library>Application Support (not Users Folder), there is no folder for Kindle or Kindle Content.

If open Finder>MacBook Pro>Macintosh HD>Users>My name, there is no Library folder.

Could my UserName>Library folder be misplaced, and this have nothing to do with Kindle. But then, why neither Kindle or Kindle Content appear when search all Finder?

I downloaded Kindle for Mac yesterday and have changed no settings.

Where to find and store Kindle books on Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.