Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot pair drone with Swift Playgrounds

When attempting to pair the Parrot Mambo drone to the iPad using the Swift Playgrounds app and Parrot Education playground (4.2) the playground will not connect to the drone. As soon as a connection attempt is made, the image portion of the playground crashes and an option to connect is lost. Resetting the playground fails to allow connection. Deleting and reinstalling the playground will reproduce the same problem. Earlier versions of the Parrot Education playground (prior to 4.2) had no issue establishing a connection.

I am running iOS 12.3 and the latest version of the Swift Playgrounds app.

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on May 21, 2019 4:01 PM

Similar questions

14 replies

May 22, 2019 7:31 AM in response to vsbb-school

Encountered the same issue. After having triple-checked all our devices and versions of iOS (12.2 & 12.3), playground (3.0) and parrot education (4.2) we could pin down the issue to the new version of playground (3.0) and parrot education (4.2) running on „normal“ iPads and iPad Air. iPad Pros were not affected although running the exact same versions.

iPads with playground 2.0 or 2.2 could still connect to mambo with parrot education 3.1.

However, all iPads could connect to parrot maclane.

Parrot adviced us to get in touch with apple. We tried. We tried hard. And we failed.

Jun 4, 2019 1:49 PM in response to MeesterZee

Please do let us know what you find out. I've had the same issues too. Contacted Parrot only to be told contact Apple. Apple tells me to contact Parrot and check out this particular thread. Maybe Parrot is at the WWDC this year seeking out help? I would like this resolved soon too as I have a presentation that I'm traveling to DC that centers around the Mambo drone and Swift Playgrounds.

Cannot pair drone with Swift Playgrounds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.