Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CarPlay Music issues with iPhone 13 Pro

I just purchased the new iPhone 13 pro and i’m having issues playing music. Whenever I press play on the music while carplay is enabled, the carplay disconnects and then reconnects itself, and the process repeats itself. However, Apple Maps works fine on Carplay with no issue. I have a 2017 Dodge Charger with a 8.4 Uconnect System for relevancy.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 7:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 6:20 PM

That is the same solution Apple just gave me.

I just talked to Apple via text and this is the solution they provided and it worked! My CarPlay is now fully functional.

"So in this case, currently we have an available work around that is going to Settings> Music> EQ, and make sure that it is turned off. After it, let's try to connect your phone using CarPlay on your vehicle, and let's try to play music with it!"

Mine was set to Late Night.

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2021 6:20 PM in response to Steel_tex

That is the same solution Apple just gave me.

I just talked to Apple via text and this is the solution they provided and it worked! My CarPlay is now fully functional.

"So in this case, currently we have an available work around that is going to Settings> Music> EQ, and make sure that it is turned off. After it, let's try to connect your phone using CarPlay on your vehicle, and let's try to play music with it!"

Mine was set to Late Night.

Sep 26, 2021 5:28 AM in response to harristm22

Hi,

I need to check other apps, I will later. I have a very similar problem with Spotify. Bluetooth audio works. iPod seems to play on-screen on both iPhone 13 PM and Pioneer head unit withOUT Sound.

I disconnect the cord from iPhone 13 PM the Headunit plays via Bluetooth only. Strange I get this message.. see photo. So no Carplay just Bluetooth. I get calls via Bluetooth at this time. I rebooted and reset the head unit and iPhone. I have the latest Firmware from Pioneer.

I switched the EQ off and will try this workaround.

Lee

Sep 25, 2021 11:51 AM in response to harristm22

I have the exact issue with this also. My vehicle is a 2007 Tundra with an Alpine iLX-007 head unit. I cleared the unit from CarPlay in settings on the phone and set it up again with the same result. Any app such as Amazon Music, iHEART RADIO, Pandora, Apple Music, etc causes CarPlay to disconnect and reconnect but not allowing music to play. Phone, text, Siri and maps all work fine. I connected my old iPhone 7 which is running iOS 15 as well and everything works fine. Must be a glitch or unknown setting on the 13 Pro. I also paired the 13 with my daughter's 2014 Jeep Cherokee's uconnect system and music played just fine.

CarPlay Music issues with iPhone 13 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.