Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CarPlay with Apple Music

When using Apple CarPlay the music app is continually crashing. The only thing that I found that works is to put CarPlay in the split screen where you see for example the Maps app on the left side and the music on the right side. Then start music playback on the iPhone and it does display the song and allow you to skip songs and pause. However, If you touch the music app on the car display to go full screen it crashes the app. I even tried reset all settings on my iPhone and I continue to have the same problem.

Posted on May 18, 2021 6:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2021 7:43 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities  beachlifensw,

Thank you for contacting us regarding  Apple Music. You have come to the right place and we are happy to assist in getting this resolved for you.   Let’s do a bit of troubleshooting first on the iPhone.   Make sure it's up to date on the most current operating system, (Settings > General > Software Update > 14.5.1). Next, let's have you restart the device Restart your iPhone.  After each of the following troubleshooting steps, you can check Apple Music and see if it resolves the issue, if not, move to the next step.

Toggle airplane mode on, then off. (Settings > Airplane Mode)

Toggle" Show Apple Music" off, then on. (Settings > Music > Show Apple Music)

Sign out of Media & Purchases, then sign back in with Apple ID & password.  (Settings > tap your name > Media & Purchases)

Final Step would be to delete the Music App and redownload it.

If you have done all the steps above and still having issues, please reach out to us. 

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2021 7:43 AM in response to beachlifensw

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities  beachlifensw,

Thank you for contacting us regarding  Apple Music. You have come to the right place and we are happy to assist in getting this resolved for you.   Let’s do a bit of troubleshooting first on the iPhone.   Make sure it's up to date on the most current operating system, (Settings > General > Software Update > 14.5.1). Next, let's have you restart the device Restart your iPhone.  After each of the following troubleshooting steps, you can check Apple Music and see if it resolves the issue, if not, move to the next step.

Toggle airplane mode on, then off. (Settings > Airplane Mode)

Toggle" Show Apple Music" off, then on. (Settings > Music > Show Apple Music)

Sign out of Media & Purchases, then sign back in with Apple ID & password.  (Settings > tap your name > Media & Purchases)

Final Step would be to delete the Music App and redownload it.

If you have done all the steps above and still having issues, please reach out to us. 

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities.

CarPlay with Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.