Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Crashing on CarPlay

I have a 13 Pro max with iOS 13. CarPlay apps works fine like maps, podcast, etc but every time I try using Music, it crashes CarPlay. Any suggestions? Note, I have installed the newest update on iOS 15 already. Thank you.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 2:11 PM

10 replies

Sep 25, 2021 3:11 PM in response to Nogster

I'm also seeing this. Trying to use the Music app crashes CarPlay on my iPhone 13 Pro Max. This is with wired CarPlay on a 2019 Toyota Corolla C-HR.

I can unplug the phone and connect to the car's Bluetooth system, and then play songs with the Music app with no issues at all. Other apps work just fine on CarPlay.

I've tried restarting the car, doing a hard-reset on the phone, and tried a different cable. Nothing helps.

Sep 25, 2021 5:50 PM in response to Steel_tex

This worked! And it looks like the issue is only the late night setting in the equalizer. Other settings worked just fine. When you choose late night, the sound goes out for a second and then comes back heavily boosted. The other settings don’t have this way. Turning the EQ off or choosing something other than late night prevents CarPlay from crashing.

Apple Music Crashing on CarPlay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.