Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music on Carplay

My carplay works fine just when I select the music app, it automatically crashes. I’ve tried restarting my phone, logging in and out of apple music, restarted even my car along with all the app configurations on there and nothing. Apple music still continues to crash on my carplay but maps, messages, phone, etc. on carplay works fine. Please help me figure out how to fix this.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on May 18, 2021 1:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2021 2:35 AM

Yes I have this issue too and it only started today. When I started the car it worked fine. I managed to change playlist and when I went to change it a second time Bam! Shut down. I’ve tried everything too and nothing has improved . It’s made me so frustrated

5 replies

May 18, 2021 10:49 AM in response to cherissa121

Try the following workaround:

Connect the iPhone to CarPlay with flight mode activated. In this context, make sure that there is no connection to the Internet via Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi is not automatically deactivated with flight mode; you have to do this separately.

Open Apple Music on CarPlay and then disconnect the iPhone again.

Now the flight mode can be deactivated again and Apple Music should work as usual.

Music on Carplay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.