Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music crashes on CarPlay

New today - my Apple Music app (on my iPhone iOS 14.5.1) ICON appears on my Honda CR-V CarPlay screen, but when I select it the app flashes for less than a second and then returns to the CarPlay home screen. I've deleted and reloaded Music several times and turned car off and then back on several times. Still no luck. All my other apps on CarPlay work just fine. Any advice?

Posted on May 18, 2021 5:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2021 10:47 AM

Try the following workaround:

Connect the iPhone to CarPlay with flight mode activated. In this context, make sure that there is no connection to the Internet via Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi is not automatically deactivated with flight mode; you have to do this separately.

Open Apple Music on CarPlay and then disconnect the iPhone again.

Now the flight mode can be deactivated again and Apple Music should work as usual.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2021 10:47 AM in response to bearandbu

Try the following workaround:

Connect the iPhone to CarPlay with flight mode activated. In this context, make sure that there is no connection to the Internet via Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi is not automatically deactivated with flight mode; you have to do this separately.

Open Apple Music on CarPlay and then disconnect the iPhone again.

Now the flight mode can be deactivated again and Apple Music should work as usual.

Apple Music crashes on CarPlay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.