Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do not Disturb iOS 10

My parents have iPhone 5c and on iOS 10.... I have a few questions about DND:

1. She gets allot of spam calls so i enabled DND (Manual: on) to block all calls except from those on contact list. How can you distinguish from a "legit" call NOT on your contact list to come in..? eg... you receive a call from your bank (one time only) and by default it will be blocked..

With "Repeated calls" set on, companies usually wouldn't phone back with 3 minutes i don't think ,if they can't get through they'd leave voice mail.. Would these come comes though still with DND on?

2. And probably a bigger issue, is I see a "moon" share icon on status bar (DND is probably on yes?) yet when under DND menu the setting Manual is on.... I flicked it off it the status icon remains..

Does this mean i cannot disable it and need to backup device and factory restore?

It seems DND is good,, but it sounds almost like unless you know the nuber that is on your phone (either contacts or favorites (it will not come through, unless repeated calls is on AND they call back within 3 minutes..

Your friends would.. but companies?? unless she gets voicemail (texts) still with DND on this isn't going to work for her.

iPhone 5c

Posted on May 21, 2019 7:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2019 8:22 PM

First off, Do Not Disturb silences all notifications, calls and texts. The only calls that would come through, given the explanation that you provided, would be calls on the Contacts list. You will not get notifications from other calls, so there would be no way to distinguish anything. If someone calls with Do Not Disturb on, they can leave a voicemail, but you will not see a notification for a voicemail unless you look. Once you turned it off, it takes a moment to disable DND. Make sure that you do not have Scheduled turned on and it is currently within that time period.

You are correct that with DND on, the only numbers that come through are Contacts, and repeat callers if you have that turned on. Whether it works or not for someone is a decision they would need to make. As an option, you could contact your carrier to see if they offer any services regarding spam calls.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2019 8:22 PM in response to Tech198

First off, Do Not Disturb silences all notifications, calls and texts. The only calls that would come through, given the explanation that you provided, would be calls on the Contacts list. You will not get notifications from other calls, so there would be no way to distinguish anything. If someone calls with Do Not Disturb on, they can leave a voicemail, but you will not see a notification for a voicemail unless you look. Once you turned it off, it takes a moment to disable DND. Make sure that you do not have Scheduled turned on and it is currently within that time period.

You are correct that with DND on, the only numbers that come through are Contacts, and repeat callers if you have that turned on. Whether it works or not for someone is a decision they would need to make. As an option, you could contact your carrier to see if they offer any services regarding spam calls.

Do not Disturb iOS 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.