Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restoring Apple Watch backups health data

Hello All,

I was trying to resolve an app problem yesterday and removed an entry for an old watch in the devices section of of Apple Health app and now I am missing a chunk of data from my activity app from about three months ago. I can see numerous backups of Apple Watches on my iPhone as can be see in the picture below. Please can anyone tell me if there is a way to restore these backups so that they appear in Apple Health? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 5

Posted on May 21, 2019 11:15 PM

8 replies

May 22, 2019 2:28 AM in response to Scott Ronan

Well it looked like it worked to begin with but shortly after it went back to losing the old Apple Watch data. The lesson I have learned is that its not safe to remove old watches form Apple Health. Essentially all the data gather under my old apple watch is gone but all the awards associated with that data remain leaving a bit of an odd situation for example my longest streak shows 250 days but I have only gone 84 days towards getting 365 days award.

Restoring Apple Watch backups health data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.