Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The App Store constantly checking my password and demands my credit card info in order to start downloading FREE APP (Instagram)

Hello there!

I have a huge problem with downloading apps and I can’t deal with it. (Google search had been made, it didn’t work out as well)

The thing is : I cannot download any app at AppStore, because it asks for a) my password (it’s beyond annoying because I’m already usin my Apple ID). b) Having written my password it demands to fill in the credit card details EVEN THOUGH the card info is filled and THERE ARE MONEY on it. But the sign in red color says “Invalid card. Try to fill again with a valid card”. Drives me mad, frankly.

Having done this procedure over and over again did not lead to any results.

However, the money (1$ is gone).

1) Why on earth would I need to fill the passsword every time I download an app and can you help me fixing that?

2) Why does my AppStore (Or ITUNES) doesn’t treat my card as a valid one BUT charges me?

Thank you in advance for your help

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11

Posted on May 22, 2019 2:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2019 6:06 AM

Alrighty, I get you want instagram without signing in and getting prompted to check the payment method constantly.

There's possibly an error with the account, you may need to contact support to check over.

Before you do call, check there's nothing stuck or pending in your purchase history. Jump into Settings > Tap on your name at the top > iTunes & App Store > Tap on your Apple ID at the top > Box should come up and tap on view Apple ID > Sign in > Purchase History.

If there's anything red, pending or owing, then this may cause the issue. If there is nothing, then something is wrong with the account and you'll need to contact Support to check it over.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2019 6:06 AM in response to Jul23

Alrighty, I get you want instagram without signing in and getting prompted to check the payment method constantly.

There's possibly an error with the account, you may need to contact support to check over.

Before you do call, check there's nothing stuck or pending in your purchase history. Jump into Settings > Tap on your name at the top > iTunes & App Store > Tap on your Apple ID at the top > Box should come up and tap on view Apple ID > Sign in > Purchase History.

If there's anything red, pending or owing, then this may cause the issue. If there is nothing, then something is wrong with the account and you'll need to contact Support to check it over.

The App Store constantly checking my password and demands my credit card info in order to start downloading FREE APP (Instagram)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.