Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Payment failing

I have had the same card registered on my Apple ID for sometime now and now whenever I tried to download an app it doesn’t let me saying that the card on file is failing I’ve taken the card off of my wallet and put it back on and still it tells me the same thing even if the app doesn’t cost anything and it’s free and still doesn’t let me download anything new I’ve change my passwords and everything and still anything I’ve tried has failed

Posted on Jul 17, 2019 11:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2019 11:42 PM

Have you tried removing and re-adding the card on the iTunes account (Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods - Apple Support), or just the Wallet app ?

It doesn't matter if the app is free to download, when you have a card on an iTunes account it has to be a valid card and pass the iTunes validation. And changing an account's password won't have any difference.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2019 11:42 PM in response to Rikky_Tikky

Have you tried removing and re-adding the card on the iTunes account (Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods - Apple Support), or just the Wallet app ?

It doesn't matter if the app is free to download, when you have a card on an iTunes account it has to be a valid card and pass the iTunes validation. And changing an account's password won't have any difference.

Jul 18, 2019 6:49 AM in response to Rikky_Tikky

Apple ID payment information - If your payment method is declined, or you have a billing issue with a previous purchase in the iTunes Store

If necessary, contact iTunes Support. Either use the form or scroll to the bottom of the page in the 2nd link. Follow through the screens to get a chat or telephone option.  You may need to pick a problem that is slightly different than yours to get a chat option.  

iTunes Support

iTunes Support – world wide

Payment failing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.