Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2 factor authentication won't turn off- alternative options??

I know this has been asked before and the answer is simply ' you can't turn it off on newer versions of iOS'. However, what am I supposed to do since my iPhone is broken and won't turn on, so I can only verify my iCloud mail via my laptop. This is so impractical as I cannot carry my MacBook with me everywhere and every time I want to access my email. I know you can start a new apple id, but I have so many details etc connected to the account. I think Apple shouldn't be encouraging people to do two-factor, because although secure, it is a completely impractical feature in circumstances such as lost of broken phone, especially when you are abroad and don't have access to your 'trusted number' for verification. Please help!

MacBook Air 11", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 23, 2019 4:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2019 5:13 AM

The problem is your setup not Apple.

You can, when you setup 2FA, use more than one phone number for authentication.

It does;t have to be an iPhone, all the trusted phone needs is to be able to receive SMS message.

2 replies

2 factor authentication won't turn off- alternative options??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.