Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS 10.14.5 cannot add apps to Privacy/Accessibility

Problem:

After upgrading to MacOS 10.14.5 all apps were removed from the SystemPreferences/Security & Privacy/Privacy/Accessibility list of allowable apps to control my laptop (Bartender 3, BetterTouchTool, Magnet). For some reason I also cannot add them back to this list even after clicking the lock icon and providing my credentials.

Is this a bug or was the security tightened in this release that now requires these companies to make changes to their apps?

How can I resolve this issue?

Versions:

Computer: Macbook Pro 2015

MacOS: 10.14.5

Bartender 3: 3.0.64

BetterTouchTool: 2.856

Magnet: 11.0.0

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 23, 2019 7:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2019 11:24 AM

Workaround/Fix:

FYI... a reboot of the system (which has been done several times before) fixed the issue and all the old entries in the SystemPreferences/Security & Privacy/Privacy/Accessability list reappeared with their corresponding check-marks. Therefore I did not need to manually re-enable any of the apps and they just automatically started working again after the reboot. Go figure...

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2019 11:24 AM in response to sestucky

Workaround/Fix:

FYI... a reboot of the system (which has been done several times before) fixed the issue and all the old entries in the SystemPreferences/Security & Privacy/Privacy/Accessability list reappeared with their corresponding check-marks. Therefore I did not need to manually re-enable any of the apps and they just automatically started working again after the reboot. Go figure...

MacOS 10.14.5 cannot add apps to Privacy/Accessibility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.