Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XS Max rings on silent mode

My iPhone all of a sudden won’t stop ringing even when I have it on silent mode. I have all the settings correct but it still rings. Any ideas??

iPhone XS Max, iOS 12

Posted on May 23, 2019 10:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2019 7:55 AM

I've been having this same problem for the past month, month and a half. Sometimes it happens, and it just rings even on silent, and the person is not a contact, so there's no Emergency Bypass setting to look at. Still happens even if I toggle the switch in silent mode.

Restarting seems to fix it, but it happens again after a while, and I haven't been able to track down what the trigger is.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2019 7:55 AM in response to KiltedTim

I've been having this same problem for the past month, month and a half. Sometimes it happens, and it just rings even on silent, and the person is not a contact, so there's no Emergency Bypass setting to look at. Still happens even if I toggle the switch in silent mode.

Restarting seems to fix it, but it happens again after a while, and I haven't been able to track down what the trigger is.

iPhone XS Max rings on silent mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.