Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac not responding after idle

Experienced several times with my iMac not responding after it goes idle. The black screen won't response to any button on keyboard, not mouse, not trackpad.

I can only see the pointer on the screen which was not able to move either. I have to hold down the power button and force-shutdown-restart the computer to get back on.

Don't know what happen. Can anyone help?

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 23, 2019 1:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2019 10:05 AM

Boot into Safe Mode and test the sleep mode from there. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing some system cache cleaning, volume verifying and directory repairing.

Similar questions

4 replies

Jun 28, 2019 1:21 PM in response to Tesserax

The issue doesn't come back ever since I posted this question. Therefore I will give it a try when it happen again. I did read the link you posted, the EtreCheck seems quite complicated. Don't know if I can manage, but I will try. Thank you so much for your suggestion. I will post the report once I perform the check.

iMac not responding after idle

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.