Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri & Voice calls (+ringtone) have a bad sound quality on Bluetooth speaker/headphone

Hello,

I’m here with a very annoying problem: siri and voice calls on Bluetooth sound devices is very bad quality. I’m currently using Beats Studio3 headphones as well as all other of my Bluetooth speakers have the same exact problem! Do anyone knows how to fix this issue as I’ve been having the same problem for years... Of course Music streaming quality is great 👍

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on May 25, 2019 4:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply
4 replies

May 25, 2019 2:35 PM in response to MrBill3

As I said it happens only when I use siri or having call but when streaming or listening onphone music quality is how it should be so i think these threads wont help me as Im facing this on every Bluetooth speaker/headphone device and Im sure Ive tried all possible ways to fix it before that it says in those threads and one thing Ive noticed is that when i get a phone call sometimes ringtone sounds normal like it should be for a sec or two then like on purpose it immediately reduces quality... which Im finally dying to fix it:/

May 25, 2019 5:17 PM in response to TaurasG

Bluetooth transmission DOES reduce sound quality. It's the nature of the beast and nothing can be done about it. There aren't many persons with good enough hearing to notice the difference (I can't) and those that do notice usually don't care because of the convenience of BT. The only solution for you is to age quickly - hearing, especially high frequencies, diminishes significantly with age.

May 25, 2019 11:24 PM in response to Philly_Phan

Sorry but I’m struggling understanding you or we are not on the same page, as I said I 100% sure that siri and ringtone (actually i dont care about voice in calls) CAN sound good so in my opinion it’s a thing that Apple just have to fix on their software update or something... I sayng this because I noticed that sometimes for the first few secs quality is good than it like on purpose gets immediately disorded. And again music sounds amazing on the headphones!

Siri & Voice calls (+ringtone) have a bad sound quality on Bluetooth speaker/headphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.