Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting and recording Yamaha DTX 12 sounds in Logic Pro X

Hi:

I have a Yamaha DTX 12 drum kit. I also have a Presonus Audiobox USB 96 interface that I use with Presonus Eris monitors. How do I connect my drumkit to Macbook Air via the Audiobox USB 96 interface and play and record all the drumkit sounds in Logic Pro X?

I am also using a USB hub since I need to connect the Presonus Audiobox interface, a Novation Midi Keyboard, an external disk containing Logic pro sound library and anything else that may come up in future....

I am a novice and I do not understand concept of Midi much. I just need to connect, play and record the drumkit sounds as one of the tracks. I am able to play multiple software instruments from the Novation keyboard, but would prefer to use the Yamaha drumkit since I can play drums, beats, conga and other instruments naturally (without having to press keys on a keyboard!).

I have various types of cables - midi and others, but I am not sure which ones are the easiest and simplest to connect and use.

Would appreciate if someone can help me here with a step by step approach for a novice like me.

Thanks a lot,

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on May 25, 2019 6:26 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Connecting and recording Yamaha DTX 12 sounds in Logic Pro X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.