Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having a problem seeing all my music on iTunes via Apple TV

I'm having a problem see all my music on iTunes via Apple TV. I have home sharing on and Apple TV is listed on my Mac as an authorized device but my music is not on Apple TV -itunes music app?

[Re-Titled by Host]

Apple TV 3, 8

Posted on May 25, 2019 12:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2019 7:47 AM

To access iTunes Home Sharing content, you need to use the Computers app on Apple TV.

The Music app is for iTunes Match subscription, and/or iTunes Store content, but not Home Sharing.

On newer models, the Music app is also used for Apple Music subscriptions.

Use Home Sharing to share iTunes content with other devices - Apple Support

Apple Music subscription tracks can not be shared with Home Sharing.

If you have trouble locating the Computers app, then try looking further down the icon list on the Home Screen, as it may have been moved when the Apple TV app appeared with the latest update. You may relocate it towards the top, if you want.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2019 7:47 AM in response to Zakdog1

To access iTunes Home Sharing content, you need to use the Computers app on Apple TV.

The Music app is for iTunes Match subscription, and/or iTunes Store content, but not Home Sharing.

On newer models, the Music app is also used for Apple Music subscriptions.

Use Home Sharing to share iTunes content with other devices - Apple Support

Apple Music subscription tracks can not be shared with Home Sharing.

If you have trouble locating the Computers app, then try looking further down the icon list on the Home Screen, as it may have been moved when the Apple TV app appeared with the latest update. You may relocate it towards the top, if you want.

Having a problem seeing all my music on iTunes via Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.