Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with new Mac Mini and LG 27UK850-W

Seems like I am not alone with the incredible frustrating and time wasting problem of the monitor not consistently connecting to the MM.

Once connected, usually it's fine but so often the LG gives a message "entering Power saving mode" and won't connect. It's as if they can't 'handshake' together and get it right.

I am glad I read through a lot of posts as the last thing I want to do is waste time with Apple tech support reformatting my drive and turning File Vault off and on. These things are not the problem.

If it gets worse or just can't be solved, I will have to find another monitor, assuming there is a monitor that will work correctly. This is not something I want to do.

Maybe if I hit it with a hammer it will help?

Posted on May 25, 2019 8:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2019 8:44 AM

Thank you for the response. I did have the LG27UK850-W set up with my Macbook pro for a week before getting the mac mini. During that time, I do not think I had the problem I reported.

I did not have the on screen controller installed on the mac mini but did have it on the mbp.

I just installed it now and so far I have done about 5 shut downs and restarts and have not experienced the problem of the monitor not syncing with the mac mini.

I'll report back but so far, so good!

thank you for reminding me to install the software. Crossing my fingers!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2019 8:44 AM in response to hcsitas

Thank you for the response. I did have the LG27UK850-W set up with my Macbook pro for a week before getting the mac mini. During that time, I do not think I had the problem I reported.

I did not have the on screen controller installed on the mac mini but did have it on the mbp.

I just installed it now and so far I have done about 5 shut downs and restarts and have not experienced the problem of the monitor not syncing with the mac mini.

I'll report back but so far, so good!

thank you for reminding me to install the software. Crossing my fingers!

Problem with new Mac Mini and LG 27UK850-W

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.