Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

external monitor not recognized Monterey 12.3

I have an intel mac mini 2018 that I have been connecting to a 4k monitor since I purchased it. I use a high-quality USBC to DisplayPort cable. After upgrading to Monterey 12.3 the computer no longer consistently recognizes the external monitor. When booting it sometimes works normally and other times doesn't recognize it. Sometimes when shutting down it displays a green screen. I have noticed that if I unplug the cable and replug it into the other USBC ports on the Mac mini it will sometimes recognize it but it can sometimes take me doing this multiple times. My understanding is that there are two "hubs" with two ports being on one and two being on the other. Switching back and forth seems to get the computer to recognize the monitor.

This has been extremely challenging and I have taken it into the apple store twice now to have it looked at. The first time they rebooted the system and re-installed Monterey. I took it in again for another issue and the tech mentioned that there was another mac mini 2018 brought in with the same issue. During the second trip to the genius bar the tech mentioned that another mac mini 2018 had come in with the exact same issue. They couldn't find anything wrong with that other computer. Upon further research this seems to be a common issue. Is anyone else having this issue? Between that and now the computer's wifi signal issues I am ready to rethink buying another apple computer.

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 5:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2022 5:43 AM

The 12.3 update created display issues for the 2018 Mac Mini’s. In the meantime you might need to use HDMI if possible until a patch is released.

Plus send feedback directly to Apple.

Feedback - Mac mini - Apple

Feedback - macOS - Apple

Similar questions

3 replies

external monitor not recognized Monterey 12.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.